This chicken and beef soup is often served during weddings, baptisms or other holidays in the region of Schaumburg.
250g mixed vegetables (carrots, celery, leek)
8 shoots of white esparagus (fresh or canned)
250g ground beef
250g small noodles
1 ½ liters of water
1 large onion
- Chop vegetables and onions into small cubes, boil with chicken in 1 ½ liters of water in a pressure cooker for about 45 minutes.
- For the royale (egg garnish) mix three whole eggs and 3 egg yolks with 100ml of milk and pinch each of salt and pepper. In a bowl heat over a pot of water on lowest heat for 1 ½ hours.
- Cut esparagus into small pieces and roll small meatballs out of the ground beef.
- Open pressure cooker, remove chicken and strain through a fine sieve. Return broth to pot and add meatballs, esparagus and noodles.
- Heat on low heat (don’t boil), until noodles are tender. Cut royale into 2cm-pieces and add in the end. Garnish with parsley.